How Can Green Plumbing Protect the Environment & My Budget?
With green plumbing, we can address the biggest energy and water users in your home or office, which can help the environment—and your budget:
It doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive to upgrade your property with green plumbing. And with the added benefit of lower energy and water costs, plus newer and more efficient appliances and systems that don’t break down as often, you can experience savings in the long run.
Interested in finding out if this is an option for you? To learn more, give the plumbing pros at JD Service Now a call at 919-383-7000 .
Why We Need Greener Fixtures & Appliances
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the average American uses about 88 gallons of water a day at home. The average family spends more than $1,000 every year in water costs. These numbers can be decreased by at least 20% just by installing water-efficient appliances and fixtures.
If you’re concerned about the environment and your pocketbook, green plumbing may be an ideal option for your home or business. But what do we mean by “green” plumbing, and what does this include?
To put it simply, green plumbing is a way to update and improve your plumbing system and appliances, so they have less of an environmental impact. Because you’ll be using less water and energy, it has the benefit of decreasing your expenses as well. This is an essential move for homeowners in North Carolina and across the U.S.
6 Steps to Green Plumbing in Your Durham, NC Home
Green plumbing will include looking at all aspects of your home’s plumbing system and appliances to see where energy and water can be reduced. This includes:
- Water heaters: Is the water heater in your home using too much energy? There are energy-efficient options for different types of water heaters: solar, electric, and tankless. Newer tank-type models can even be quite energy efficient, depending on the model. We can talk to you about your needs and concerns to find the right type of energy-efficient water heater for your home.
- Piping and insulation: Proper insulation and even moving pipes inside can make them more efficient when delivering hot water from your water heater to your bath, shower, dishwasher, or sink. This can reduce water heating costs and lower your energy bill at the same time.
- Toilets: Toilets account for about one-fourth of the water use in most households. Installing low-flow toilets can save a family thousands of gallons of water every year! New low-flow toilets still have a powerful flush, plus the benefit of being better for the environment and your wallet.
- Showers and faucets: With low-flow shower heads and faucets, you can reduce water usage by up to 60% in your home.
- Dishwashers and washing machines: Dishwashers, washing machines, and any home appliances should also be considered for their energy and water efficiency. You’d be surprised how much money you can save by cutting water and energy costs on the appliances you use the most in your home. Laundry, for example, typically accounts for about one-fifth of home water use.
- Leaks: It might be hard to believe, but about 14% of water use in the average home is the result of leaks! These leaks may come from running toilets, dripping faucets, shower heads that continue to drip long after they’re turned off, and even irrigation systems. Read our blog on DIY leak detection to see if your home is being affected.
Ready to Go Green?
If you’re interested in going green with your plumbing, JD Service Now can help. Our Durham plumbers are not only highly skilled but use the latest tools and equipment, recommend the most energy-efficient models, and will work with you to see what best fits your budget and needs.
To get started, give us a call at 919-383-7000. We look forward to hearing from you!
FIND Out MORE
Finance Now & Get Approved Today!
Don’t Sacrifice Your
Get the fast, affordable HVAC, plumbing, or electrical services you deserve by filling
out the form below.
Sign up for the Always Right
Home Partnership Program
Our 100% Worry-Free Home Service Plans
Experience unmatched peace of mind when you invest in our Home Partnership Program. From priority service, seven days a week, to 10% off all service and repairs, when you become a member of our home service plan, you can rest assured that our reliable team will keep your home’s comfort systems operating smoothly. Learn more about the HVAC, plumbing, and electrical benefits you’ll get when you sign up!LEARN MORE