Why Isn’t My Toilet Flushing?
No one wants to deal with a broken toilet, and they always seem to break down at the worst times: during a party, in the middle of the night, or when you’re about to leave for work.
If your toilet isn’t flushing, there’s a reason:
- The toilet is clogged.
- There’s not enough water in the tank.
- There’s a problem with the flapper.
- The lift chain isn’t working.
Some of these issues are easily fixed on your own, but if you can’t fix it or want to involve a pro right off the bat, our Durham plumbers at JD Service Now are standing by to help. We have the tools and expertise to recognize and repair the problem, and we’re fast and reliable.
Give us a call at 919-626-3626 to schedule an appointment! We’re ready to help.
The Four Most Common Toilet Problems
Here’s a bit more information about the four most common toilet problems and how you can fix them:
- The toilet is clogged. Using too much toilet paper or flushing anything other than toilet paper can cause a toilet to clog. The solution is usually easy: using a plunger to push waste through or create suction that dislodges the waste and allows it to pass through the pipe. If that doesn’t work, it’s time to call in a professional.
- There’s not enough water in the tank. Your toilet’s tank should have a water level that’s about one inch below the overflow tube inside. This is the amount of water that’s needed to flush the toilet. If there’s not enough in the tank, it will not flush properly, and a common reason for this is that the water valve was turned off. Make sure it’s on and see if the tank refills. If it doesn’t, you may have a different problem on your hands, but a plumber can help.
- There’s a problem with the flapper. The flapper is located inside your toilet’s water tank. It’s usually made of rubber and is used to create a watertight seal at the bottom of the tank to hold the water until it’s flushed. If the flapper is bent, warped, or damaged, it will not create an airtight seal and the toilet won’t flush. A new flapper should fix the problem. You can change the flapper on your own (make sure you turn off the water first!) or you can call in a pro from JD Service Now in Durham and we’ll take care of it for you.
- The lift chain isn’t working. The lift chain attaches the handle you use to flush the toilet to the flapper. If the lift chain is broken or is too long, it will not lift the flapper and allow the toilet to flush. The solution here is to fix or replace the chain. You can do this yourself, but it can be tricky. Our on-call service team is always standing by to offer our help.
As you can see, some of the above issues are pretty easy to fix and can be done on your own, but if you’re unsure and want a professional’s help, JD Service Now is here for you!
We have all the tools and know-how to make minor or major toilet repairs and can also help if it’s time for a new toilet. No matter what, you can count on the fact that we’ll be honest with you, and that your repairs will be done right the first time.
Call 919-626-3626 today to schedule an appointment with one of our skilled plumbers. We serve homeowners and business owners throughout Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and the surrounding areas.
FIND Out MORE
Finance Now & Get Approved Today!
Don’t Sacrifice Your
Get the fast, affordable HVAC, plumbing, or electrical services you deserve by filling
out the form below.
Sign up for the Always Right
Home Partnership Program
Our 100% Worry-Free Home Service Plans
Experience unmatched peace of mind when you invest in our Home Partnership Program. From priority service, seven days a week, to 10% off all service and repairs, when you become a member of our home service plan, you can rest assured that our reliable team will keep your home’s comfort systems operating smoothly. Learn more about the HVAC, plumbing, and electrical benefits you’ll get when you sign up!LEARN MORE