The Top 5 Commercial HVAC Problems
As a commercial building owner or manager, you need to be sure that your HVAC system is in top-notch condition. This is important for your tenants’ comfort and safety, and it will also impact your energy bill.
Here, we’ll consider the most common commercial HVAC problems, and what you can do about them:
- The system has not been maintained properly.
- The filters are clogged and dirty.
- The system is leaking refrigerant.
- There’s an issue with the thermostat.
- The airflow is improperly balanced.
At JD Service Now, our Durham HVAC professionals are here to help with your commercial heating and cooling needs. Call 919-383-7000 to find out how we can help with these or any other issues.
What’s Causing Your Commercial HVAC System to Malfunction?
Maybe you’ve noticed an unexpected spike in your energy bill. Maybe your tenants have been complaining about hot or cold spots in the property, or you have concerns about air quality. Whatever the issue, there is an underlying problem that needs to be identified—and fixed.
Let’s take a closer look at the top five commercial HVAC problems:
- The system has not been maintained properly. Commercial HVAC systems get a lot of use, and they require routine maintenance to ensure they’re working right. This is important to extend the life of the system, prevent unnecessary breakdowns, and keep the system operating at peak efficiency. If your HVAC system is not appropriately maintained, you can experience all types of problems.
- The filters are clogged and dirty. Old and dirty filters can cause poor indoor air quality and put a strain on your HVAC system by making it work overtime to force the air through. They can also affect the system’s energy efficiency. In all, your system could break down early or require unnecessary and expensive repairs.
- The system is leaking refrigerant. Your commercial HVAC system will not be able to properly cool the air if it’s leaking refrigerant. This is one of the components that make air conditioning possible by cooling and taking the moisture out of the air. Low refrigerant levels mean your HVAC system will not be able to lower the temperature of the air enough, and it can cause problems with the whole system overworking the condenser. This can lead to expensive repairs, lower energy efficiency, and a reduced lifespan of your HVAC system.
- There’s an issue with the thermostat. Not all HVAC problems are caused by the system itself. Some can be caused by faulty thermostats, the part of the system that regulates timing and temperature per room or zone. Faulty thermostats will lead to uncomfortable indoor temperatures and may lead you and your tenants to think the system itself needs repairs, but it may be an easier fix by calibrating, repairing, or replacing one or more thermostats.
- The airflow is improperly balanced. If you’ve got a situation where parts of your building are cooler or warmer than others, this could be traced to a problem with dampers. These control airflow in the ductwork to send air to different parts of the building, and they can regulate the airflow by reducing it in one line and allowing more in another. If they are not balanced, this can cause uneven, inefficient heating and cooling.
Preventing Heating & Cooling Problems
You have the power to avoid heating and cooling problems, and it starts with routine maintenance. At JD Service Now, we offer residential and commercial HVAC maintenance to make sure your system is working right. We can even take a look at your current system to see if it might be time for a newer, more energy-efficient model, which can save you money—and stress—in the long run.
FIND Out MORE
Finance Now & Get Approved Today!
Don’t Sacrifice Your
Get the fast, affordable HVAC, plumbing, or electrical services you deserve by filling
out the form below.
Sign up for the Always Right
Home Partnership Program
Our 100% Worry-Free Home Service Plans
Experience unmatched peace of mind when you invest in our Home Partnership Program. From priority service, seven days a week, to 10% off all service and repairs, when you become a member of our home service plan, you can rest assured that our reliable team will keep your home’s comfort systems operating smoothly. Learn more about the HVAC, plumbing, and electrical benefits you’ll get when you sign up!LEARN MORE