Dishwasher Not Draining? Here's Why
The Durham plumbing professionals at JD Service Now share a few things you can do to fix your dishwasher if it doesn’t drain.
Below are a few things you can do to that might fix your dishwasher:
- Run the disposal
- Check for blockages
- Clean or change filter
- Check the drain hose
- Clean the drain basket
If you need assistance with your dishwasher, contact our Durham plumbers today to schedule and appointment at 919-626-3626!
If you continuously use your dishwasher in your home, you are bound to experience problems with it. One of the most common issues that occur with this appliance is the water not draining. This occurs when water pools remain at the bottom of the dishwasher, causing unpleasant odors and other issues.
Although newer dishwashers automatically stop washing your dishes to prevent leaking, older models don’t. Many issues that may be preventing your dishwasher to drain. The Durham plumbers at JD Service Now has put together steps to help you fix your dishwasher.
- Run the disposal: A full disposal or an air gap in a connecting hose might be preventing your dishwasher from draining. Running your disposal can help you discover if it is the issue causing the problem
- Check for blockages: You should check the bottom of the dishwasher to make sure that an item or piece of food hasn’t blocked the water flow.
- Clean or change the filter: Your dishwasher might not be draining because you might have a clogged filter. You should check your owner’s manual to see where the filter is located on your dishwasher and to see how often you should be replacing it. In most dishwashers, the filter is located on the bottom inside the washer.
- Check the drain hose: The drain hose should be connected to the sink and garbage disposal. You should straighten any kinks you see and poke through the hose to check for clogs.
- Clean the drain basket: You should check the drain basket to see if it is clogged with food or detergent. The drain basket is usually located on the bottom of the side of the dishwasher. You can also wash out the basket to clear any debris.
Get Fast & Reliable Services By Calling Us Today at 919-626-3626!
If you tried the steps above and your dishwasher still isn’t draining, contact our Durham plumbing professionals today. Our technicians are well-known in the Durham area for our genuinely caring attitudes and our professional services. We will inspect the issue and explain the repair process and the cost before we start any job. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality services and customer satisfaction. If you need assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
Call us today to schedule an appointment at JD Service Now. We are fast, reliable, and available 7 days a week!
FIND Out MORE
Finance Now & Get Approved Today!
Don’t Sacrifice Your
Get the fast, affordable HVAC, plumbing, or electrical services you deserve by filling
out the form below.
Sign up for the Always Right
Home Partnership Program
Our 100% Worry-Free Home Service Plans
Experience unmatched peace of mind when you invest in our Home Partnership Program. From priority service, seven days a week, to 10% off all service and repairs, when you become a member of our home service plan, you can rest assured that our reliable team will keep your home’s comfort systems operating smoothly. Learn more about the HVAC, plumbing, and electrical benefits you’ll get when you sign up!LEARN MORE