5 Easy Tips for HVAC Maintenance in Durham, NC
Maintenance on your home’s HVAC system may not be a top priority during your usual spring cleaning, but keeping up with HVAC maintenance in Durham, NC, can save you a lot of time and money later down the road. Like any appliance, your HVAC system is bound to require repairs at some point, and preventative maintenance can be the key to avoiding total HVAC system failure. At JD Service Now, we know HVAC maintenance. Below we have compiled five easy tips for HVAC maintenance in Durham, NC, to help keep your HVAC system up to speed all year round.
5 HVAC Maintenance Tips
- Replace the Air Filter: Replacing the air filter in your HVAC system is one of the easiest maintenance services you can do. It’s as simple as buying a new filter, removing the old filter, and sliding the new filter in. Installation of a new filter will provide cleaner air throughout your home and improve your HVAC unit’s efficiency overall.
- Clean Around the Unit: Keeping the area around your outdoor HVAC is an easy maintenance step for homeowners. Keeping the unit clean of pollen and leaves will help improve efficiency and help guarantee no debris will build up and cause issues later down the road.
- Inspect Refrigerant Lines: Inspecting the refrigerant lines in your HVAC system for cracks or leaks can help prevent a major catastrophe down the road. While small leaks could go unnoticed, once they grow, they can lead to costly repairs for your HVAC system. Checking the refrigerant lines once per month will help you keep track of any issues as they come up.
- Check Exhaust Outlets: Checking the exhaust outlets for your HVAC heating system should be a top priority during annual maintenance. As debris builds up, heat exhausts can become blocked, stopping the heat release from your system out of the house and causing carbon monoxide to flow back into your home. Keeping these outlets clear not only improves the function of your HVAC system but helps keep your home safe.
- Check the Condensate Drain: Water condenses and is expelled from the system as your AC unit cools. Over time, this drain can get clogged due to buildup in the water, leaving the water to stay stagnant in the system. This stagnant water is a breeding ground for mold and mildew, which your AC unit can then spread around the house. Check this drain during maintenance to ensure no blockage or mold buildup.
When it comes to HVAC maintenance, not every step needs to be completed by a professional. Homeowner DIY maintenance can help keep your HVAC system fully efficient, safe, and reliable all year. For any questions or issues regarding HVAC maintenance in Durham, NC, call JD
FIND Out MORE
Finance Now & Get Approved Today!
Don’t Sacrifice Your
Get the fast, affordable HVAC, plumbing, or electrical services you deserve by filling
out the form below.
Sign up for the Always Right
Home Partnership Program
Our 100% Worry-Free Home Service Plans
Experience unmatched peace of mind when you invest in our Home Partnership Program. From priority service, seven days a week, to 10% off all service and repairs, when you become a member of our home service plan, you can rest assured that our reliable team will keep your home’s comfort systems operating smoothly. Learn more about the HVAC, plumbing, and electrical benefits you’ll get when you sign up!LEARN MORE