Bathtub and Shower Plumbing Services in Durham
Reliable & Honest Plumbers Serving Chapel Hill & Raleigh
If your shower or bathtub is constantly leaking, scheduling a repair can save you big money down the road, as well as help conserve our precious water resources. A dripping faucet may not seem like a big deal, but multiplied over days, nights, and weeks, it can mean hundreds of gallons of wasted water and a big increase in your water bill.
Slow Bathtub and Shower Plumbing May Indicate a Bigger Problem
Shower plumbing and bathtub plumbing should always work quickly and efficiently. If your water is flowing slowly, it could be an indication of a potentially major leak somewhere in the line outside or somewhere in your home. If this problem isn't addressed quickly, it could be thousands of dollars in damage to pipes, walls, flooring and more, not to mention out-of-control water bills.
Your plumber will address your immediate shower faucet repair and tub faucet repair needs, as well as perform a thorough inspection to ensure there are no hidden causes along the line that could cost you more later on. As always, we back up every shower and bathtub plumbing job with our 100% guarantee.
The most common shower problems include:
- Leaking & dripping showerheads - leaking and dripping showerheads can be caused by either a bad cartridge within the showerhead or the fixture itself is no longer working properly. In either case, the showerhead itself, or some of its internal parts, will need to be replaced. If a leaky showerhead isn't repaired, it can cause higher monthly water bills. Even small drips add up over time. It can sometimes cause excess moisture issues in the bathroom, which can result in mold buildup.
- Clogged showerheads - worn or clogged showerheads are very easy to spot. They will cause uneven spraying of water, loss of water pressure and possibly even a greenish colored buildup all around the head of the unit. When a showerhead has gotten worn or clogged to this point, usually the best bet is to have the shower head replaced. This can also give you the opportunity of finding a low-flow showerhead that could save you money on water bills.
- Poor shower drainage due to a clogged shower drain - poor shower drainage can occur quite easily because the drains tend to get hair or soap scum stuck in them. When the shower drain clogs, you may need a drain cleaning service. Avoid using common household drain cleaners, since these often contain chemicals that can damage your plumbing. Call us if you have questions about how to prevent shower clogs.
Is Your Durham Home's Bathtub Drain Blocked?
Soaking in a nice warm bathtub is a great way to unwind after a stressful day-unless your tub doesn't drain correctly. If you have a clogged bathtub drain, it likely has been caused by hair, soap scum, or hard water build-up in the drain. Not only is it frustrating to have to wait for your bathtub to drain, but it could also be a sign that there is a more serious problem further down your drain system.
JD Service Now provides fast and quality bathtub drain cleaning in Durham. Our expert plumbers have the skill and experience to be able to recognize these types of issues and advise you about what course of action can remedy the situation. Do not let a blocked bathtub drain keep you from enjoying the comfort of your home that you deserve.
Preventing Shower Drain Clogs
A nice warm shower is probably the best way to start your day. But if you have a clogged shower drain, it could ruin the entire experience. If you're like most homeowners, you want to make sure that you do everything to prevent any blocked shower drains.
Here are a few tips to make sure that happens:
- Get regular drain cleaning - Probably the best thing to help you avoid blocked shower drains is to get regular drain cleaning services. This will allow us to clear out any developing clogs before they turn into full-on blockages.
- Use water softeners - Another effective way to help potentially reduce blocked shower drains is to use a water softener or water treatment system. By removing the excess minerals from your water you could keep them from building up in your shower drains and causing problems.
- Use a drain cover - A drain cover can help prevent hair from getting into your pipes, one of the main causes of shower clogs. While it might not prevent the problem entirely, it can cut back on the frequency that clogs occurs.
Reliable Shower and Bathtub Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Services
While many homeowners run out to the local hardware store and buy harmful chemicals, it's usually much safer and more environmentally friendly to call for the professional shower drain cleaning services from JD Service Now. We respond quickly to your call and we use safe, Hydro-Jetting technology. Our method uses high-pressure water to clear out any hair clogs, soap scum, or hard water minerals that could have built up in your blocked shower drain.
Call us today and one of our friendly experts will be able to help you with any services that you need. JD Service Now offers plumbing service to customers in Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Durham and surrounding areas.