The team of licensed and insured Durham plumbers at JD Service Now has gathered a list of items that you should never flush down the toilet.
The 6 things you should never flush down the toilet include:
- Cotton Balls & Q-Tips
- Dental Floss
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Tissues & Wipes
Contact the expert Durham plumbers at JD Service Now today to schedule an appointment: (919) 626-3626!
Every homeowner deals with toilet issues from time to time. Not only are they a pain to deal with, but they can also lead to serious damage to a home’s overall plumbing system. One of the major causes of toilet issues is flushing the wrong items down the toilet. To prevent toilet problems in the future, the team of plumbing professionals at JD Service Now has put together a list of things you should never flush down the toilet. Although flushing down some items may seem harmless, they can cause more plumbing problems then you think.
Save yourself and your plumbing system from future issues by never flushing the following items down the toilet:
- Cotton Balls and Q-Tips: Although flushing cotton balls and Q-tips may seem harmless, throw these in the garbage instead. Some toilet papers are made with cotton, which makes people think that cotton balls or cotton pads can also be flushed. However, these products don’t break down like toilet paper will clog your pipes.
- Dental Floss: Dental floss can clog your pipes because they can tangle and turn into a net when you flush them. For that reason, it’s always best to throw away your floss to the trashcan instead of flushing them down the toilet.
- Feminine Hygiene Problems: Since tampons and pads are meant to absorb water, they will expand when you flush them down the toilet. This can cause serious plumbing problems because they can clog and overflow your toilet.
- Hair: Hairs, like dental floss, can cause major clogs and backups. Because hair floats and never dissolves in water, it will cause serious issues down the line.
- Medications: Medications should never be flushed down your toilet. Although they won’t clog your pipes, they can contaminate your water. We recommend using a medication take-back program to prevent contaminating the environment.
- Tissues & Wipes: Although many people think that tissues and wipes are in the same category as toilet paper, they shouldn’t be flushed down the toilet. Tissues and wipes are not designed to break down the same way toilet paper does. Even wipes that are “flushable” shouldn’t be flushed because they can still clog your pipes.
Expert Durham Plumbers: Call Today at (919) 626-3626
If you are facing issues with your toilet, the team of expert Durham plumbers at JD Service Now can help you. Our home plumbing team is certified at the highest levels of technical training, and receive continuing industry education on a weekly basis to ensure we're on top of the latest trends and technology. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the best customer service and the best solutions for their plumbing problems.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment at (919) 626-3626!