If you?re planning furnace installation in Raleigh this year, then it?s a good idea to do your homework and inform yourself about furnaces so you choose the right type of system for your household.
What You Need to Know About Furnace Installation in Raleigh
Having a new furnace installed is a major investment, so it?s only logical that you need to be 100% certain that you?re getting a system that?s both robust and energy-efficient. Keep the following considerations in mind:
- Find out what your home?s load calculation is. The load calculation indicates the heating and cooling requirements of a home; facts a contractor absolutely needs to know in order to inform you about the kind of furnace you need. The load calculation is based on the square footage of the home, as well as what your family?s heating needs are (i.e. how many family members, how many rooms are generally in use, etc).
- Is your ventilation system up to par? This involves looking at two things: are the existing vents clean and in good shape (i.e. no air leaks) and do they offer the correct amount of space for your new furnace?
- What fuel source do you want? There are three main choices: oil, natural gas and electricity. Electricity is a clean energy source, but it?s very expensive. Oil is powerful but not very clean, plus, oil prices can be volatile. Natural gas is a clean and affordable fuel source, but some people aren?t comfortable with it due to potential dangers.
- How much can you afford? Just like anything else, furnaces come in a range of prices. To find out which ones in your price range perform best, check out online consumer reports.
- Who will install the furnace? This is the most important question of all. Because of the dangers involved with incorrect installation, as well as the potential fines you can get for your furnace installation not being up to code, your best course of action is to hire a professional plumber for the installation. What?s more: make sure it?s a plumber with a thriving company, good references, warrantees and insurance.
Call J.D. Plumbing for Furnace Installation in Raleigh
Clearly, there are a lot of considerations to take into account before having your new furnace installed. That?s where the team at J.D. Plumbing can offer you everything from good advice to professional installation and maintenance. So be safe, and call J.D. Plumbing to perform your furnace installation.