The cool winter nights of Raleigh can lead to increased heating bills if you're not careful. Keeping your furnace in good working order is vital. Knowing the most common furnace repairs requested in the Raleigh area can help you take the proactive and preventive steps needed to maintain the warmth of your home and family all winter long.
Common Types of Furnace Repair
- Misguided Maintenance: Scheduling an annual furnace inspection can stave off unexpected problems. Annual inspections maintain the most energy and cost efficient functionality of your heating unit.
- Testy Thermostat: A defective thermostat can lead to an entire host of problems. An inaccurate thermostat makes it close to impossible for your furnace to provide preferred comfort levels. You cannot maintain a steady temperature with a thermostat that's constantly fluctuating and putting added stress on your furnace.
- Nerve-Wracking Noisiness: Your furnace should be like youngsters of old - seen, but not heard. When your furnace is running at its best, it should be quiet and efficient. A furnace that squeaks, squeals, knocks or rumbles is clearly indicating a problem your heating contractor needs to know about right away.
- Constantly Cycling: If your home's furnace is repeatedly cycling itself on and off, it could indicate a dirty filter, impeded airflow or a faulty thermostat. A clogged filter might also lead to other more costly damages and repairs.
- Hit-or-Miss Heating: If your furnace is heating intermittently, not at all or is struggling to reach your preferred room temperature, it can indicate a problem with the pilot light, gas or power. It might also mean a furnace filter that's not the right size or blower fan that can't turn itself off.
These are the five most common furnace complaints. Call our professional, affordable, reliable technicians today. We'll get you up and running in no time. Your home can benefit from an inspection and consultation with a certified heating contractor. Call JD Service Now today and a contractor will examine your home to advise you on the best approach to maximizing efficiency.