Summers in Chapel Hill offer residents many fun options including live music on West Franklin Street, the lawn of the Historic Carolina Inn, and Carrboro?s Weaver Street Market, as well as various farmers markets and walking tours to enjoy. During all these summertime activities, you and your family will most likely work up a sweat and look forward to coming home to a nice air-conditioned home?as long as you?ve been able to sustain a functioning AC system.
Our AC experts at JD Service Now would like to share with you some air conditioning repair tips below to keep your home in Chapel Hill cool during those hot months. A simple fix now could save you some major money, time and effort later.
If your AC isn?t producing cold enough air:
- Check your setup to see if the setting is only on ?Fan? (no need to be embarrassed, it happens to the best of us!)
- Look through the house for a door or window that has been accidently left open.
- Clean the filter and make sure nothing is clogging it up.
- From the outside, ensure that nothing is blocking your AC unit – 3 feet of clearance is needed for quality air flow.
If you?re AC isn?t running at all:
- The plug may have come loose from the outlet (again, nothing to be embarrassed about!)
- Investigate for a blown fuse or circuit breaker on your property.
- Inspect the outlet and try plugging the AC unit into a different one with the same voltage capacity that is able to support your AC unit.
Common AC Problems That Require a Simple Repair
- Broken or worn out power cord. Due to fire and safety issues, have our professionals replace the cord properly.
- In the condenser, grimy coils will cause frosting issues. The safest approach is to get in touch with our AC professionals to take care of this problem accurately.
- Humming sounds probably mean you need a new fan motor.
And of course, if you?re uncertain about any AC issues you?re experiencing, our licensed and insured electricians at JD Service Now will pinpoint the problem, advise you on the best solution, and recommend proper AC maintenance tips to help prevent any problems from reoccurring.
So call our AC repair specialists at JD Service Now today for any of your AC repair needs in Chapel Hill!