Homeowners looking for the most efficient and cost-effective ways to heat their homes often choose gas furnaces in Durham.
The Advantages of Gas Furnaces in Durham Homes
Though some people are still wary of gas appliances due to the fire hazard, the truth of the matter is that so long you make sure everything?s installed correctly, they?re extremely safe. Here are some of the main advantages of gas furnaces:
- They?re cost-effective. Natural gas is affordable and not subject to volatile pricing (like oil).
- They?re reliable. In most cases, even when there?s a power outage, a gas furnace will still work because it?s not on the electric grid. That means that at the very least, you?ll have a warm home!
- They?re environmentally friendly. Gas-powered furnaces emit 50% less carbon emissions than electric homes.
- They support domestic products. Because the U.S. has large natural gas reserves, the more people use gas furnaces, the more jobs are created.
Should You Have a Gas Furnace Installed?
Considering the advantages of gas furnaces, it?s clear that they?re a cost-effective, reliable and responsible alternative to other types of heating systems. However, before you decide to have one installed, you should definitely do some homework to find out more about the work and the costs involved, as well as what your return on investment will be.
Think of the following points:
- How old is your current furnace? Does it really need replacing?
- What kind of work will need to be done? Does your home already have a gas line, or will you have to have one installed?
- Is it worth switching to other gas-powered appliances?
- Do you know a good, reputable plumber with experience laying gas lines and installing gas furnaces?
- How will a new gas furnace enhance the value and desirability of your home?
To get the answers to these questions, it?s a good idea to call the team of experts here at JD Service Now. We can walk you through the pros and cons of installing a gas furnace, plus, we can help you find a realtor who can inform you how it will impact the value of your home. And when it?s time to move forward with the job, we?ll make sure the work is done correctly and according to all safety codes.