Water leakage leads to wasted water as well as higher water bills month after month. You can avoid this waste and lower your monthly bill by taking steps to find the source of the water leakage in your Raleigh plumbing and have it repaired.
How do you know there is a leakage?
Here are the steps that may help you to detect leakage:
- Find the water meter box.
- Turn off all the water in the house.
- Now check the meter, which should not move if there is no leakage. If it is moving, there is a leak somewhere in your system.
Now once you know there is leakage, the next step is to find the actual source of the problem.
Methods to find out the leaks in your home:
- Check the showerheads in the bathroom; you can easily detect the leak.
Check the toilet: Here, you need to check a few things.
- Remove the top of the tank & listen carefully. If you hear any kind of sound of running water, try to trace it.
- If there is no sound, deposit some color in the tank & check if the color appears in the bowl after some time. This could be a sign of a leak in the flapper valve at the foot of the tank.
- Check all the water taps in the house.
- Check underneath the kitchen sink, the leakage could be in the pipe.
- Check your garden, as there is possibility of leakage in the drip irrigation system.
- The leak could be in the swimming pool, if you have one. Pools can leak though the pipes or the shell itself. Leakage could also be due to loose tiles.
Do not ignore even the tiny leaks as they may cost a lot over the time. If you decide to fix the leakage yourself, make sure that you have adequate knowledge or it may lead to other issues. It is always a good idea to get help from a Raleigh plumber for any type of plumbing problem around the house.
Whether you find the leak yourself or have a professional take care of it for you, it?s important to have this type of problem addressed right away. It will save you a great deal of money in the long run and can also help you avoid damage to your home as a result of the leaking water. To schedule plumbing service in Raleigh, contact JD Service Now today!