The water heater in your Raleigh home is one of the only appliances in your home that you use every day. But few people pay it any attention. Most people decide to look at their water heater when it needs repair or stops working all together. For the most part, your water heater is pretty durable. But we thought it would be a good idea into put together a short list of some of the symptoms of water heater troubles.
When you have an appliance that is in constant contact with water, rust will be an issue. Your water heater moves water all day long so rust is always a risk. Rust on or inside your water can present itself in a few different ways. Here are a couple of them:
- The anode rod: Inside your water heater is a metallic anode rod, also called a sacrificial rod. This metal wire sacrifices itself for the sake of the water heater by absorbing the tiny electrical currents in the water that cause rust. Eventually, the rod is completely eaten by rust which will then start attacking the walls of your water heater. When that happens, there is very little that you can do except to replace the entire water heater.
- Water leaks: When the inside of your water heater starts to rust, you may start to notice small pools of water beneath your water heater. This is from the rust eating completely through your water heater.
- Rust colored water: Once the inside of your water heater has started to rust, you might start to get brown water in your home when you turn on the hot water faucet. This is a very bad sign and most likely means that you need to replace your water heater.
No Hot Water
It?s obviously a very big problem when your hot water heater is no longer producing any hot water. This could be for a number of reasons.
- No power or fuel: If you have an electric water heater, this could be that the breaks for the water heater is tripped or that it?s unplugged. For a gas-fired water heater, your pilot light might be out or the burner is clogged or dirty.
- Thermostat: This could also be an issue with the water heater?s thermostat. Contact your local contractor to learn more.
If you?re having any issues with your water heater, contact JD Service Now immediately. We offer comprehensive plumbing services in Raleigh. We can help you choose the right water heater for your home, we can install it for you and make sure that it runs well for a long time. Call us today!