When it comes to having healthy water to use in your Durham home or business, water filtration is a must. JD Service Now has plumbers that work with water filtration systems and can help you understand all you need to know.
The Water Filtration Basics
Water filtration is generally used for drinking water, cooking water, and water utilized in certain industrial environments where water purification is essential.
Water filtration is the method of separating undesirable elements from the water through the use of multi-layered absorbent materials such as carbon. The material keeps the largest particles in the water from flowing through its membranes while still allowing water through it. Normally water moves slowly through several stages of filters to ensure the most contaminants possible are removed. The end result is water which is much cleaner than when it began its journey through the water filter.
Benefits of Water Filters
Water filters can remove the largest variety of water contaminants possible of any types of water purification method. Some of these water impurities can be hazardous to your health, and they include:
- Chlorine Byproducts
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- Chlorine-Resistant Protozoa
Not only do water filters eliminate potential impurities from your drinking water, but they also have the ability of retaining healthy trace minerals which are necessary and present in drinking water.
Types of Water Filters
Water filters are one of the most cost-effective ways to get purified water. But it is essential to use the appropriate water filter that removes the contaminants which you are worried about.
- Granular Filters - do not use the chemical absorption process and thus allow some contaminants to pass through the filter.
- Rapid Water Filters - do not give the water a proper amount of time in the filter and thus water is not as clean as it could be.
- Solid Block Barbon Filters - one of the best options, these filters properly absorb a wide range of contaminants while also providing a slow water filtration process.
Contact JD Service Now at (919) 626-3626 for your Durham Plumbing & HVAC service needs!