When your main sewer line is damaged beyond salvaging, our certified plumbing experts will recommend a process called, Pipe Bursting. This might sound like a messy process, but our technicians will respect your property and perform this technique cleanly and effectively.
Pipe bursting occurs when the integrity of the existing pipe is beyond salvaging and is very similar to that of trenchless pipe lining, or epoxy repair. It?s cheaper and faster than traditional excavation jobs and less disruptive to the surround landscape and property.
The Process of Pipe Bursting
Pipe busting replaces the old, damaged pipeline with a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) of the same or larger diameter. This replacement destroys the original while also creating a new pipe. The advantages pipe busting has over epoxy lining repair is:
- No matter how destroyed the old pipe is, the new pipe with ?burst? it outward.
- Because you can increase the diameter of the replacement pipe, you can upgrade the flow rate of your sewage system.
- Brand new HDPE piping is tougher and lasts longer than pipe linings with epoxy.
Pipe Bursting Step by Step:
- Two access holes are dug on either end of the affected area.
- A camera is directed down both holes to examine the pipe for the necessary equipment.
- A steel cable is inserted in one access point and threaded through the old pipe, then brought up through the opposite access point.
- A conical steel ?bursting? head is attached to a cable. The new length of HDPE pipe is attached to the back of the bursting head by a heated fusing process that prevents future leaks.
- Using a powerful hydraulic system, the bursting head is pulled through the existing pipe. The conical shape ruptures the old pipe into the surrounding soil and brings the new pipe behind it.
- This leaves behind a brand new, high quality pipe that lies in the void created by bursting the old one, creating a more reliable, tightly sealed pipe than before. The joints at either end are tight and leak-proof.
At the first instance of trouble in your sewer line, contact JD Service Now at once for immediate repair. Available 24/7, 365 days a year we have the expertise and certified technicians to offer multiple pipe repair options and we stand by our work, guaranteed. To determine if pipe bursting is right for you, contact JD Service Now today.